Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How do I become an SAFTEA Certified Instructor?
"Most of the information you need to know is on the Instructor page. Please read that and the individual student and Instructor course pages. Then Sign up for a class."
2. I noticed you have Women's only student classes but I don't see any Women's Only Instructor classes?
"That's because the Women's program classes are very similar to the regular classes, the only difference really is that we are covering issues that are specific to Women that women want to know, like holster selection, wardrobe, off-body carry etc. So once you take and pass the SAFTEA Defensive Handgun 1 Instructor course, you will also be certified teach SAFTEA Women's Defensive Handgun 1 and F.A.S.T. Handgun."
3. When will training be available in my city or state?
"We are trying very hard to make our classes available to everyone in the country, however, it's a big country and there's a lot of ground to cover." Many times our National & Regional Master Instructors will come to you - see our Request for Training page.
4. How can I help the SAFTEA?
"The best way to help us right now is to promote our classes, invite all your friends to our website, Facebook, Twitter pages. Also making a Donation also helps a great deal since we have a very limited budget to these programs out to the public."
5. Can my company advertise on your site?
6. You have Defensive Handgun 1 & 2, Defensive Carbine 1 & 2, etc; Any plans for level 3 & 4 courses?
"Most definitely, we are certainly planning more advanced releases to handgun, carbine and shotgun. However, for the launch we have decide that level 1 & 2 would be sufficient."
7. Does my Lockton Affinity Insurance qualify for SAFTEA, or do I need to buy the SAFTEA Insurance??
""Yes according to the Lockton Affinity website, their insurance covers you for all classes you conduct. You can also use our provider SAFTEA Endorsed Insurance for your insurance needs." We highly recommend a policy with a minimum of $1,000,000 General & Professional Liability.
8. How much would it cost to become an instructor?
Since every market is different and every instructor has different overhead such as range fees, classroom rental, equipment rentals etc; we have left that up to the individual instructor to set their own prices in the market place they have. Please contact one of our National or Regional Master Instructors in your region for more information.
9. How long is the Methods of Instruction course good for?
The Methods of Instruction course is good for 2 years, after 2 years you would be required to take a refresher in order to acquire additional Instructor Certifications.