SAFTEA Precision Rifle 1
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Divisions “Precision Rifle” course is to provide the already solid based student with more advanced longer distance theory and refined shooting skills. This is not a defensive class. These series of classes are not designed for the beginner rifle shooter. The student must have a good working understanding of their rifle and optics. The shooters equipment must be able to hold a minimum of 1 MOA at 100 yards and must be zeroed. A number of topics will be covered in “Precision Rife", these include but are not limited to:
- Human mechanics while shooting
- Understanding basic ballistics
- Reading weather conditions
- Compensation for variables while shooting
- Specialized equipment
- Optics and how they work
- How to keep DOPE books and use the information
- Tall and square live fire tests
- Dialing in at 100 yards Required Equipment
- A rifle system and ammunition capable of a 1" MOA at 100 yards.
- The shooter must be able to consistently hold a 3" MOA at 100 yards
- Shooting mat
- Shooting bag or bi-pod
- Spotting scope
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs required).
- Sturdy Shoes, Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Baseball Cap Course
There are short breaks and a lunch break throughout both the classroom session and shooting range drills.