SAFTEA Instructor Workshop (40hours) (Instructor classes MOI-RO-FASTHG-DC1Inst)
This class is for an Inital SAFTD Instructors. Only order the The Full MOI packet. The packet contains, Method of Instruction,Range Officer, Defensive Carbine #1 and Defensive Carbine FAST Instructor manual.
List the student level class seperate.
The SAFTEA Instructor level courses are designed to teach the experienced shooter/instructor, how to present the SAFTEA courses to the general public using the SAFTEA MOI as a basis for instructional methods and techniques.This course also encompasses the proper running of the range portions of the class and the best practices for achieving the maximum amount of learning from the students.
The goal of the Second Amendment Firearms Training & Education Association “MOI Workshop” course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of handgun safety, various types of Carbines, an understanding of ammunition and how it functions, shooting fundamentals and an introduction to defensive shooting skills.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of skills that are critical in the use of a firearm – in this case a Carbine – to defend themselves, their family or someone in their charge. Defensive Carbine 1 is specifically designed to provide a person new to Carbine the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn those skills.
A number of topics will be covered in “Defensive Carbine 1 – Introduction to the Defensive Use of a Carbine”. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a Carbine
- Working With A Natural Defensive Stance
- Integrating The Color Code Into Your Life
- Finding Your Balance of Speed and Precision
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Progressive Shooting Drills
- Definition of Cover and Concealment
- Use of Cover
- Selecting a Carbine and ammunition
- A modern, serviceable, Carbine
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- 2 two exxtra magizines.
- 150 Rounds of Ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo such as RIP ammo etc.
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional but recommended).
- Hydration system or Bottled water.
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long Pants, Shirt With Higher Collar
- Sturdy Belt
- Baseball Cap
Course length is a full day, typically 40hours hours including a 1-hour lunch breaks and 2, 15 min breaks. There are short breaks throughout both the classroom session and shooting range drills.